Latin dictionary

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

Latin dictionary

Post by wsp »

Does anyone know of a third-party Latin spelling dictionary that could be used with MyInfo? Latin is not among the spelling dictionaries offered on the MyInfo website.
Bill
wsp

Post by wsp »

PS. I see there is a substantial Latin dictionary for OpenOffice by Karl Zeiler, but I don't have a clue how to convert it to make it work in MyInfo.
Bill
Tester

Post by Tester »

I think I found out how it works. :wink:
(My knowledge is based primarily on the first part of this article: https://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki ... ctionaries)

Download Karl Zeiler's Dictionary (extension) from here (and save it for example on your desktop):
http://extensions.openoffice.org/de/pro ... ctionaries

You get a file from the type oxt.
But for using in MyInfo you need the types .dic and .aff

Therefore convert it in the following way:
a) Rename the downloaded .oxt file to .zip
b) Unzip it and search for the files la.aff and la.dic which are in the subdirectory called "la"

(There is also another dic.-file called hyph_la.dic in the subdirectory "hyph_la". I do not know if it is of importance too for the full use of the dictionary.)

Copy la.aff and la.dic (if necessary hyph_la.dic too) into your folder "Dictionaries" of MyInfo
(In my case the path for this folder is: C:\Users\...[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Milenix\MyInfo\4\Dictionaries )

Start MyInfo and click on Tools ---> Add-ons ---> tab "Dictionaries"
There you should find now the Latin Dictionary:

I hope that it works for you too.
wsp

Post by wsp »

A very belated thanks. I followed your instructions, and I now have a good Latin dictionary in MyInfo.
Bill
Tester

Post by Tester »

You are welcome. I am happy that it worked and that the dictionary is useful for you.