a way to insert tables...

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
WolvenWriter

a way to insert tables...

Post by WolvenWriter »

There was a sub-topic mixed in with another subject (in a thread on the suggestions board) regarding the need for tables.

Until Milenix gets it working in the future/new version, what I've been doing is an Insert/Object <Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet>.

You can do anything in Excel in the table object, of course ;-)
and only the populated/edited part of the WorkSheet shows-up in the item.

Just remember to do all your formatting and such in Excel (edit the embedded object).

Hope this helps anyone needing to work with tabular data in MyInfo!
srdiamond15

Post by srdiamond15 »

There's an issue with inserting large embedded OLE objects in MyInfo 2.6 and in all the non-MS programs which have this feature, with the possible exception of the latest version of ActionOutline, which seems to have somehow solved it. The problem is that the container is limited in size to a single page. The rest of a multi-page object is inaccessible.

I wonder if version 3 solved this problem for embedded objects?

WolvenWriter wrote:There was a sub-topic mixed in with another subject (in a thread on the suggestions board) regarding the need for tables.

Until Milenix gets it working in the future/new version, what I've been doing is an Insert/Object <Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet>.

You can do anything in Excel in the table object, of course ;-)
and only the populated/edited part of the WorkSheet shows-up in the item.

Just remember to do all your formatting and such in Excel (edit the embedded object).

Hope this helps anyone needing to work with tabular data in MyInfo!
Stephen R. Diamond