[fixed in mi3.52] Hyperlinks

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kadidel

[fixed in mi3.52] Hyperlinks

Post by kadidel »

I'm using a trial version of MyInfo to evaluate the software and I'm having a problem. I added a new document that contains an url with a link to a web site. When I first open MyInfo, I can use the CTRL and two clicks to have the web site the url points to open up in my default browser, firefox. It works flawlessly, time and time again. But if I view the web document that I've also added to my new MyInfo file, and then go back to the document with the url linking to a web site, CTRL and two clicks doesn't do anything. The url doesn't open in firefox or internet explorer. CTRL and two clicks produces nothing.

If I close down MyInfo and then reopen it, I can once again repeat the sequence above with the same results. Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?
arrowman

Post by arrowman »

I'm not quite sure if i understand you correctly, but I'm unable to reproduce this behaviour.

What exactly do you mean by "But if I view the web document that I've also added to my new MyInfo file"?

And where you say "I added a new document that contains an url with a link to a web site" I take it you entered the url as text in the contents of the document, or you did 'insert hyperlink' in the contents of the document, not 'edit hyperlink' on the node in the tree.
kadidel

Post by kadidel »

The url that I have problems with, and by that I mean using Ctrl + click click, is the one you see quoted below. I created it by using the FireFox Plugin that allows you to right click after you've selected some text from a web page and then "send to MyInfo". It appears to create a new text document in MyInfo.
You have the feeling that someone you've never really trusted is trying to get between you and the person or goal you've been actively pursuing. If you're not sure, sit tight and don't do anything that might embarrass either of you. If you are -- and you'd better be absolutely sure -- present your case to powers who will know how to handle this.

Pasted from <http://my.myway.com/my.jsp>
I've also created a new article in MyInfo by going to the main menu and selecting insert "web document". The dialog asks you to "Type the address you want to link to:" and here I typed http://www.milenix.com/index.php The title of the new web document in the MyInfo tree is "Milenix Web Site".

I can't ever get the url http://my.myway.com/my.jsp to come up in my browser, either firefox or internet explorer, by using the Ctrl + click click, after I look at the web document Milenix Web Site, although it will come up in my browser(firefox) at any point before I initially view the web document. It will also come up again if I exit MyInfo and then restart it, up until I view the Milenix Web Site web document again.

Hope I made it clear?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thank you. We have located the problem and will fix it ASAP.