web snippet capture

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
igoldsmid

web snippet capture

Post by igoldsmid »

I just purchased 3.51, and am a little surprised and a tad disappointed with the web capture functionality - (I didn't think to test it fully before purchasing)... two points:

When capturing (from Firefox) via the browser extension tool - it only captures text and hyperlinks - no images etc...

When copying and pasting a web page - it captures images as well, but the style/layout information is lost, and Myinfo turns what was for example a newspaper style layout into a top to bottom listing... on the plus side it is possible to edit straight away..

Is it possible to add an option to the firefox extension to have it capture images too?

And, will you be increasing the html capture functionality to enable capturing style/layout information too - so the web page copied into myinfo retains exactly the same look as the original web page - as for example the web clippings tools linke ContentSaver do?
IanG
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Image capturing for FF is in our plans. Please note that web caputure tool for Firefox is in its initial release. It will be improved soon.

However MyInfo web capture could not create the exact copy of the page, because this is not it's purpose. If you think that this does not suit your needs, we can refund your order.
igoldsmid

Post by igoldsmid »

thanks - no I don't want a refund - myinfo is very good - I really like its simplicity and power...

Have you seen "Launchy" ? http://gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html

I have been using this from Firefox to very easily create exact replicas of web pages in other applications... Do you think you could create the requisite XML to have it add web pages to myinfo.... Its a great little tool - and if you made it work with myinfo maybe it would be a good way to get more customers for myinfo?

I believe doing this is very simple for anyone with a technical skill... it would be greatly appreciated...
IanG