[added to mi3.53]Links to Outlook Items

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
igoldsmid

[added to mi3.53]Links to Outlook Items

Post by igoldsmid »

Hi

I have a free utility called Outlook Linker from Teamscope... It enables capture of various types of links from Outlook email, folders, tasks, contacts etc...

For example a GUID format:
Outlook:00000000AA62E8AB723E324FB797605C1D44A0FD64743401

But Myinfo doesn't recognize and therefore can't launch such links... Would it be possible to enable myinfo to work with links to Outlook items? When?

I do see that dragging and dropping outlook email into the tree works, in as much as this creates a copy as an attachement - i.e. not a link to the original item, but a copy of it...

What plans do you have for providing increasing degrees of integration with Microsoft Outlook (NOT Outlook Express)?
IanG
arrowman

Post by arrowman »

I agree: MyInfo should support outlook: links (or any type of hyperlink supported by the platform for that matter).

This is not specific to Teamscope. There are many ways to create useful hyperlinks to Outlook items.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I will include this in our todo list for the next versions. I agree that it would be very useful.
igoldsmid

Post by igoldsmid »

Teamscope have come out with an updated, and still free, version of Outlook Linker, called Linker for Windows.. It can produce email item links in the format:

Outlook:\\Personal Folders\Inbox\~message subject - as well as GUID's in the format:
Outlook:00000000AA62E8AB723E324FB797605C1D44A0FD24F13501

I see that myinfo assumes a file link so it always puts file:// in front...

is there a way to create a quick fix for myinfo such that it recognizes Outlook:// ??

Anyway, good news about putting it on the list for next releases --- from my perspective having it tomorrow would be extremely helpful... :lol:
IanG