Link to document fails when non-Ascii in filename [3.52]

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
arrowman

Link to document fails when non-Ascii in filename [3.52]

Post by arrowman »

I have several topics in MyInfo. I regularly create internal hyperlinks between documents in different topics with:
1. Tree > Right click > Copy link to document
2. Document > Right click > Paste

This morning this didn't work in a particular case: when I clicked paste, nothing appeared. No text, no link.

This only happened when linking to documents in one particular topic (that is: I performed step 1 in this topic). Linking to documents in other topics worked fine.

Looking at that topic, the only thing that made it special is that it had a non-ASCII character è (e with grave accent) in its topic and file name.

When I closed MyInfo, renamed the topic's file name to ASCII-only (è > e) and reopened it, linking to documents in it worked fine.

I'm using MyInfo 3.52 on Windows XP SP-2, UK edition.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This is a known limitation of MyInfo. It works correctly only with ASCII topic names currently.
arrowman

Post by arrowman »

Well, in that case I think the "New topic name" dialog should restrict names to ASCII-only. This mysteriously failing functionality is annoying. I've lost a half hour tracking down the problem :x
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I am sorry for this! Your suggestion sounds good, so we will restrict typing non-ASCII characters in the New Topic dialog in the next updates.
arrowman

Post by arrowman »

Cool :)