'links' to Outlook items

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
igoldsmid

'links' to Outlook items

Post by igoldsmid »

OK - so I drag and drop several tasks from Outlook into the Myinfo tree... Great - for each task thus dropped - a new node is created in the tree - with the ability to open/view, edit etc... just like for office documents or other files...

However, Outlook items thus dragged and dropped into Myinfo are stored as copies, NOT as links back to the originating items. Therefore, if I open/edit, and make changes to any such dragged and dropped Outlook task - the changes are saved to the copy - not to the originating item in Outlook. I cannot therefore use such tasks dropped into myinfo, and keep them auto synchronized with the originating items Outlook.

Can we please have the ability to link to originating Outlook items, rather than at present, where items are stored as copies?

Is this clear? Am I missing something?
IanG
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Ian, this is not possible at the moment.
igoldsmid

Post by igoldsmid »

hi petko

How come - its easy to get the GUID of any outlook item - like with teamscope's free Outlook Linker (now called Linker for Windows) tool?

Regards, Ian
IanG
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Ian, this is correct. However Outlook offers a standard way to get a copy of an item, however linking to an item requires much different approach, which is currently not an option for MyInfo.