any way to slow scrolling?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
velivolus

any way to slow scrolling?

Post by velivolus »

I am wondering if there is any way to slow scrolling. I have a large document from which I am trying to extract passages to put into subdocuments. But so far I've found it mpossible to select portions of text. When I try to scroll, it goes lightning-fast, so that I have too little control, and far more than I want always ends up selected.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I confirm that this is a problem. We will try to fix it for the next version.
Tester

Post by Tester »

I will continue in this old thread because what I write concerns its topic more or less from the opposite direction.:wink:

As I am quite new to MyInfo, I do not know how the scrolling speed was in 2007. Maybe it was indeed to high. Anyway, now it seems to me a little bit too slow. My basis of comparison is Word where I can scroll the same text more smoothly than in the editor of MyInfo. The difference is not enormous but it exists. The effect is that in MyInfo it is a little bit cumbersome to go through a bigger document.

I think that a good compromise for all users would be the implementation of the same (vertical) scrolling speed as in Windows (7) whose default value is 3 lines:

And a "luxurious" solution (perhaps for version 7 :wink: ) would be an option for the users to configure the scrolling speed by themselves. Formerly I did not even know that such an option could exist, until I saw it in a pdf-Reader (called "STDU Viewer"):

Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Could you test if the scrolling is just like in Ms Word in the latest build?
Tester

Post by Tester »

I have the impression that with build 1847 the scrolling speed is higher than it was before but that it is still slower than in MS Word: about one turning more of the mouse wheel is necessary to scroll to a certain point of the same text.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Do you have special mouse software installed? On my side they work with the same scroll speed. When I increase it further the scrolling in MyInfo becomes too fast.
Tester

Post by Tester »

No, I do not use any special mouse software.

Anyway, if further increasing of scroll speed would make the scrolling too fast, let it in the way it is now. The speed is better than it was formerly and it is absolutely acceptable.

I just tested a general increase of the (vertical) scrolling speed in Windows from 3 lines to 4 or 5 (via Control Panel ---> Mouse ---> Wheel). This would bring the speed in MyInfo to the level that it has in Word with 3 lines. And it seems that even with 4 or 5 lines scrolling in Word is still o.k. So such a small general increase of the speed would also be an option for me.