MyInfo on the Mac? Well, maybe...

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
CyberCrone

MyInfo on the Mac? Well, maybe...

Post by CyberCrone »

I'm leaving this post in case the info is interesting to someone but after only a few days of running MyInfo under Crossover on the Mac, I realized there was trouble in paradise, enough that I gave up on it. Buggy. Crossover gets a lot of hype but it just isn't that good, in my view. Do a search for reviews or try it yourself and see what you think. I removed it from my Mac and it didn't do any permanent harm, although when I tried to run Notezilla under Crossover it crashed the whole system. Yes - it can get bad. Here's my previous post:

I love my Mac but it has been a huge downer that I haven't been able to install MyInfo on it, and Petko told me he can't do a version for the Mac because MyInfo depends on certain elements in Windows technology. I tried VirtualBox, which was a disaster, didn't want to do a dual boot to run Windows, and most solutions get very mixed reports so I gave up on it.

But today I learned about a solution called Crossover that allows you to run Windows programs without installing Windows, and users rave about it. Couldn't believe it is as good as they say, but I just installed it on my Mac Mini running Lion, and the next thing I did was install MyInfo and WOW! THERE IT IS! All very easy and fast.

Go here http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/cros ... fessional/ and get it for 50% off, you can download a 14-day trial. Unfortunately, as with so many good programs these days, it's a yearly subscription that will cost you $60 a year forever once your discounted subscription expires. To me, it's worth that much to run MyInfo, which is the core of all my work, nothing even close to MyInfo available on the Mac.