[fixed in 6.10] Backups Not Being Saved in Specified Locat..

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
J-Mac

[fixed in 6.10] Backups Not Being Saved in Specified Locat..

Post by J-Mac »

I'm using MyInfo Pro 6.09 (Build 1242).

I specified the backup location in Tools>Options>Save as K:\MyInfo Backups, yet no backup files have been saved there. Ever. Looking around it appears that my backups are going to:

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Milenix\MyInfo\4\Backup\

Also some backup files are in the parent folder to the above:

C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Milenix\MyInfo\4\

And none of the backups are current; the latest is dated a month ago - 31 July 2012 - and they are for only two of my five topics. I can't find any backups for the other three topics, other than one single backup for each that is dated the same day as those topics were created.

Am I doing something wrong? Presently every time I add any content to any topic I click on "Save All...". My settings in Tools>Options>Save are:
  • Always create backup copy (Checked)
  • Automatic save every 30 minutes (Checked)
  • Automatic save on exit (Not checked)
Thank you.

Jim
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Now that I look at my setup, I see I have a very similar problem. I am using MyInfo Pro 6.09 (build 1242) on Win 7 64 bit OS.

In my case, the specified backup location is E:\My Documents\My Topics\Backup, but that only contains the first backup after creating the topics. Instead, MyInfo is backing up to the parent folder, i.e. E:\My Documents\My Topics. However, unlike the circumstances in the initial post, I do have current backups of all my Topics.

Kind regards,
Bevan
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

There was a problem in the MyInfo Pro 6.09 (build 1242) release with the backup feature. Please update to build 1244 or newer to have this problem fixed.

You can just download again from the link you have for MyInfo 6.09.
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Thank you Petko,

I missed that release. I apologise for my oversight and any inconvenience that it may have caused.

Kind regards,
Bevan
J-Mac

Post by J-Mac »

How/where do I download 6.09 Build 1244? The last email I received - as a fix to Build 1242 - got me Build 1243. But I see that Build 1244 is mentioned as the latest.

Update link? Or did I miss an email somehow?

Thank you.

Jim
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jim, could you send me an email at support@milenix.com, using the email with which you ordered, so I can send you the correct link?
J-Mac

Post by J-Mac »

Petko wrote:Jim, could you send me an email at support@milenix.com, using the email with which you ordered, so I can send you the correct link?
Email sent.

Thank you!

Jim
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I have received no email yet. You can also send it on private message here.