MyInfo for Blackberry Playbook and Android ?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Coolrat

MyInfo for Blackberry Playbook and Android ?

Post by Coolrat »

I'm wondering if there might be any plans for a portable version?

If so, please do consider making something for the Blackberry Playbook? Crazy idea? I think there might be a big, pent-up demand for a good tree-type organizer for the Playbook, especially something that might be able to sync with a desktop-based MyInfo installation. A portable version could simply sync its notes into an "import" folder in MyInfo, and force the user to drag-and-drop the imported notes manually.

Currently, tree-type organizers are NOT available for the Playbook. There are a few organizers, but they are lame things not very well suited for serious research. I have a hunch that many developers for BB made quite a bit of money, even with very poor applications. Most users of the Playbook are anxious for new, quality applications that still seem to be in short supply.

Currently the Playbook and Blackberry's operating system can run native apps and Android apps that have been converted as well. Its quite easy to convert an app so it will run on BB.
BB 10 OS will be released soon and promises to be quite a good OS. Like many Canadians, I will certainly be giving up my iPhone for a BB10 model (when I need to replace my iPhone3)

Right now, Blackberry is trying to recruit developers to create new apps.
They even offered some type of guarantee that developers would earn $10,000 in first year.
Here is a quote "The program will launch in the Fall of 2012. Essentially, if you make an app for BlackBerry 10, RIM will guarantee you $10,000 in revenue."
See this story at: http://n4bb.com/10000-for-developers-to ... berry-app/

Tools for development: https://developer.blackberry.com/platforms/

Just some "food for thought".
Crystal401

Post by Crystal401 »

I am looking for a mobile version too, but with limited resources (?),
developing for blackberry platform does not seem to be a good investment
of resources for Milenix. Even if conversion might not take too much effort.
Android/iOS - either one will do well.
Blackberry... I am not sure when looking at the market share trend for the last 3 years.