Build numbers

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
mirceglavni

Build numbers

Post by mirceglavni »

Am I missing someone or are you supposed to know if a new build has been released? For example, when I checked Petkos replies to the Search-bug, he mentioned to download the 1335 build of v.6.10. When I downloaded it, the build was 1338.

Is there a section in the forum or on the site where new builds are announced? How do other users cope with this?

On a side-note, after I downloaded 1338 and opened a file, it began by indexing it, and after saving it reindexed (without adding a single line to the topics), the file size increased again drastically. Yesterday, after downloading v 6.10 (build 1328 if I recall correctly), the file sizes after indexing & saving the HALFED, and I was so happy.
So, is there a trade-off: either more compact databases, or search function working, but not both? :(
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The Check for Update feature now uses the build number instead of the version number of the program, so all you have to to is to use Help > Check for Update now. It will tell you exactly which version and build number are the latest available and if you have it installed.

As for the search: the reason the index was so small was because it was not indexing the text content of the topic, which of course made the search not working properly. The new size is the correct one.