External Exception E06D7363

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
ozstar

Post by ozstar »

For some strange reason, when we tried to save and close the program, we got a panel with this message.

It would not let us save it and not even as another name using 'Save As'.

We are using the Portable version installed in Dropbox. All copies are closed on other boxes.

It has been working fine the last week or so but not sure what would cause this.

We are using XP pro.

We have saved the whole MyInfo Portable directory to another area in case we have to close the computer without being able to close the program properly.

I noticed that on the Dropbox icon there is the message.. Downloading.. Can't sync 'Indices' directory is not empty.

Any ideas please?

oz
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Can you exclude "Indices" folder from being synced by DropBox (it is located in MyInfo 6 Portable\Configuration\Indices)?

This folder is used only temporary by MyInfo (while the topics are open), so there is no need to sync it and this could cause the problem.

Probably, you have to force close MyInfo before doing this. It will not lose any saved files, but it will lose any unsaved changed by doing so.
ozstar

Post by ozstar »

Hi,

I unfortunately caught one of these super bugs going around and have spent the last ages in hospital but as I am now getting better, and really like MyInfo, I want to fix this.

I installed MyInfo portable in 3 computers...
BUB-THREE
WEBMAIN
HP-STARLITE

These are where the file are and the info in 'Options' etc for each of the computers.

I could not find 'Indices' you mentioned.

UPDATE to 6.12
I tried to update to 6.12 but for some reason it set up in..
/MyInfo 6 Portable//MyInfo 6 Portable/
So I now have two versions, 6.11 and 6.12. So I could keep a grip on what was going on I am still using the 6.11 version in the original/ MyInfo 6 Portable/

Is there a way to have the updates automatically set up over the current version no matter where it is situated. I have several programs which do this. They set up over without touching any links or data files.

SUMMARY

I am not sure why I get a 'Conflicted' .mio file created. It does look as though this becomes the primary .mio file

The Computer BUB-THREE is the main computer where MyInfo is used. The other 2 just read or occasionally add new data.

I am sorry to be a pain here however I would welcome anyone who is using Dropbox to offer their experience and how they set it up.

Thank you in hope for a recommended way to set it up .

Regards,

oz

This is how each computer is set up. BUB-THREE being the last one to be used.

BUB-THREE
C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Dropbox\MyInfo 6 Portable\My Topics

Amaia-Henry-April-new (BUB-THREE's conflicted copy 2012-12-04).mio 18-12-2012 8:22 PM

Amaia-Henry-April-new.mio
10-12-2012 10:22 PM

Tree 991/1133 Level 2
Filter 1134

Desktop XP Version 6.11

Options--
Topics: c:\Users\David\Dropbox\My Info 6 Portable\My Topics
Linked Files: c:\Users\David\My Documents
Import Export: c:\Users\David\Documents
c:\Users\David\Dropbox\My Info 6 Portable\Configuration\Backup
----------------------------------

HP-STARLITE

David/Dropbox/MyInfo 6 Portable/Topics/

Amaia-Henry-April-new (BUB-THREE's conflicted copy 2012-12-04) 18/12/2012 5.45pm

Amaia-Henry-April-new.mio 10/12/2012 10.22pm

Tree 991/1133 Level 2
Filter 1134

Desktop Win 7 Home Premium Version 6.11 (1374)

Options--

------------------------------------------------------------

WEBMAIN

David/Dropbox/MyInfo 6 Portable/Topics/

Amaia-Henry-April-new (BUB-THREE's conflicted copy 2012-12-04) 18/12/2012 5.45pm

Amaia-Henry-April-new.mio 10/12/2012 10.22pm

Tree 991/1133 Level 2
Filter 1134

Desktop Win7 Pro Version 6.11

Options--
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I will try to recreate your setup and see what could cause these problems.
ozstar

Post by ozstar »

Hi,

Happy New Year 2013.. let's hope it is a safe, healthy and happy year for us all.

I noticed this on the Dropbox site..

still getting the conflicted copies every now and then but have to remember to use that copy when next usibg the other computer. Sometimes my wife loads the normal file which is not as up to date as the conflicted copy is.

I then have to go thru them all to check what data has been entered to what file.

It would be good to find some way to use just the main file or some way to get around it.

Thanks,

oz

What's a conflicted copy?

If two people or computers change the same file at the same time, Dropbox won't try to merge the changes. Instead, it will save two versions of the file and label one a "conflicted copy." This way, all changes will be preserved and nobody will overwrite another person's hard work.

The name of the second version will be the same as the first but appended with "conflicted copy," the name of the person or computer responsible, and the date that the conflict occurred.
A conflicted file and the original copy
Conflicting changes are saved separately
ozstar

Post by ozstar »

Hi,

I know this must be low on the priority list of things you have to do, however are we any closer to getting a resolve or workaround for using MyInfo with Dropbox?

Every now and then I get the same messages as above and end up having two files. The user on comp 1 gets confused as to what file to use and the same for comp 2.

I have also asked Dropbox for help and await their reply.

Thanks,

oz
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Ozstar, my research so far shows that Dropbox was designed in such a way, that it can synchronize only files, which are not used by other applications at the time it tries to synchronize them.

So, currently, the only safe option to not have conflicting copies is to close MyInfo topics after you use them on one device and before using them on another.
ozstar

Post by ozstar »

Thanks Petro, yes it does look that way.

Is there another way two or more could access MyInfo succesfully. Maybe the cloud?

What about how Evernote works.

We use that is the same way (two comps sometimes at the same time) and it has a sync button.

Could this be a future answer?

I am not sure how it works and if it is possible with MyInfo however so it is the correct place, i will add it to the Suggestions as well.

In the meantime we have 3 files which load each time and we only want one. Sometimes they will open file 1 and next time it'll be 3 then 2 and so on so there is no one file which contains all the data.

What would be the best way for us to compare the 3 files so we can copy paste the extra files into one.

Hope this makes sense!

For example is there a date, time stamp as each entry is made.

Regardless of my problem here we love the program and hope that one day we can find our answer as I am sure there are many who would also benefit from it.

Thanks Petro for your great work,

oz