How to mass import file links?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
seneca

How to mass import file links?

Post by seneca »

I'm doing the trial and am trying to see if MyInfo can create links to a folder of files. This is what I want to do:

Import a folder containing hundreds of PDF's. The tree would show a list of the file names, and links would be created to each file so it will open in an external program. I've worked through the Help file and this forum but have been unable to accomplish this.

I tried File>Import. That created a nice list of the files, like I wanted. It also allowed me to view the files inside MyInfo, which was also nice. However, it did not create links to the files. Worse, when I edit the files outside MyInfo, they are not updated inside MyInfo. I saw in the forums that this issue was raised in 2005. I don't know if it never got implemented or if I am just doing something wrong.

I know how to create links, but those are created in the text pane, not the tree. Also, I'd have to do hundreds of links one at a time, which is not practical.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo currently is not designed to work with file links, although it can technically handle them. So, you can import them, but not directly from MyInfo.

You will need either an import plugin or a way to collect these file names in a CSV file, which then to import in MyInfo.
seneca

Post by seneca »

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.