Trouble with Clone Links

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
laowai1965

Trouble with Clone Links

Post by laowai1965 »

I've just started using the clone function in MyInfo Pro, but I've hit upon a snag...

I use the auto-complete link function all the time (that is, in the editor I type "[[" and the first letters of the target document then choose the link in the window that pops up). This is one of my favorite time-saving features in MyInfo.

However, if I have a cloned document, I get TWO choices in the auto-complete window -- 1) the document in its original location and 2) the clone in a different location. But these two link choices appear IDENTICAL -- I cannot figure out how to tell which is which. It seems arbitrary -- sometimes the original link is the first choice, sometimes the clone link. Another problem -- if I later delete the clone, all of the links to the clone become DEAD LINKS. Is there any way to force all links back to the original document and NOT the clone, or at least to identify whether I'm linking to a clone or the original location?

I could always skip the autocomplete, find my target document in the tree, copy & paste a link to it... but that would be much slower and less efficient.

Any pearls of wisdom?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This appears to be a problem not only with inserting links, but also in the filter, search and reminders, so it will be dealt with in the next update (MyInfo 6.13).

There will be an easy way to see the full hierarchy of the documents in these situations, so you can decide which is the right one.
laowai1965

Post by laowai1965 »

Thanks, Petko!