Insert > Document From File

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
jamal

Insert > Document From File

Post by jamal »

Hi Petko,

Insert PDF documents from file results in error: "Cannot open file... The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." Sometimes it works, most of the time doesn't.

I realized that I'm still on version 6.09. My work email is no longer valid, and new release notifications might be going there. Couple of times I had requested you to change my email but it never happened. My profile on this forum has the correct email.

Can you please CHANGE my email address and send me the latest version? May be the problem doesn't exist in the latest version, so I'll try that first.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jamal, I am sorry for the missing update notifications. You should start receiving them at your current email from now on!

As for the problem - it sounds like a problem between Internet Explorer (which MyInfo uses for its internal file viewer) and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Could you check in Acrobat Reader whether "Display PDF in Browser" in Edit > Preferences > Internet is turned on?
jamal

Post by jamal »

Thank you Petko. I have downloaded and installed MI 6.15. Haven't yet tried all the improvements I missed since 6.09, but so far I love the tag enhancements. New shortcut for adding sub-document as the first child is very handy.

Regarding the problem, it still happens inconsistently. For example, I just added four PDF documents downloaded from the same site. The first two worked without any glitches, but the other two gave the error. After trying again around five times, the third document worked and then the fourth also worked. Sometimes I exit MyInfo, start again, and then it might work.

I'm using Adobe Reader X1 version 11.0.3 with IE9 and Windows 7. Adobe Reader has three options under Internet: (1) Display in Read Mode by default, (2) Allow fast web view, and (3) Allow speculative downloading in the background. All of them are checked by default. I guess, the first two options imply display in browser is enabled?

Adobe PDF Reader Add-on is enabled in the browser.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Could you try with 2) and 3) turned off? They might be causing this problem..
jamal

Post by jamal »

Petko, just to give you feedback, I turned off both options, and now it is working a lot better although not 100% of the time. Once in a while the error happens, but when I try again it works.