[added in 6.20] ability to change text color in text pane

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Crystal401

[added in 6.20] ability to change text color in text pane

Post by Crystal401 »

Petko,

I would like to change the default font and background colors on the tree and text panes.
I was able to change font on background colors on the tree.

However, I was not able to do with the text pane.
I see the option to change the background color, but I don't see an option to change the default font color.

Did I miss anything? If its not possible, would appreciate it if you could include in a future version.

Thank you,
Tester

Post by Tester »

Crystal401 wrote: However, I was not able to do with the text pane.
I see the option to change the background color, but I don't see an option to change the default font color.
I just read some older threads in the forum and accidentally I found the solution for your problem. :wink:

Indeed the option is not there where you would expect it. Petko explained where you can find it:

Format ---> Styles ---> Choose the style "Normal" ---> Font ---> there you will find the option to change the color.

After making the change, the text in new documents will have by default the color you have chosen.

I tried it and it worked. 8)

For further details explained by Petko, take a look at this thread:
http://forums.milenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1959

As announced in the above thread, in the meantime "the default font settings [are included] in the Options dialog", but the color option remained (by error?) in the (Normal) style.
______

By the way:
A useful general explanation of the Normal style was given by Petko here:
http://forums.milenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1110
MyInfo uses the Normal style for every new document. So, if you type the information in your documents (instead of pasting it as formatted text), the whole text will use the Normal style.

So, if you change the Normal style (Format > Styles > Normal), you effectively change the default font of the topic.
Crystal401

Post by Crystal401 »

Tester,
Thanks for the suggestion!
Tester

Post by Tester »

You 're welcome!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo 6.20 will support user defined customizations of the web site, so you will be able to change the page background (and many more web site properties) with simple CSS rules.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, I'm delighted to hear this.

May I point out another problem with the websites generated by MyInfo? So far as I can tell, they don't work on an iPhone or iPad, because you can't move down beyond a certain point on the note panel.
Bill