The length of a line in "Go to Document"

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Tester

The length of a line in "Go to Document"

Post by Tester »

First of all I want to say that I am very happy about the new search function "Go to Document" in version 6.20. It works excellent and it is a tremendous improvement and assistance when searching for a document title! :D

So what I would like to suggest is really completely marginal, and if it cannot be realized, I do not not consider it at all as a problem. It would simply be a small enhancement:

After a certain number of characters the document titles shown as results within the window of "Go to Document" are cut off although there would be still enough space in the line.

Let's have a look at an example:

I have the following two document titles:

1. The first title consists of 3 words:
AUFBLICKEN // AUFSEHEN // AUFSCHAUEN
(= three German words that have in English the meaning "to look up [to something]")

2. Moreover, I have a second title, consisting only of the last of the three above words:
AUFSCHAUEN

When I search with "Go to Document" for the keyword "AUFSCHAUEN" the result looks as follows (with the search window in the default size):

---> The search result is the correct one: Both document titles having inside the desired keyword are shown.
But the first title is cut off quite "early" although there is a lot of unused space in the line. (In the example with the effect that the third word of the title is not visible.)

I can influence this situation by widening the search window of "Go to Document" to the right. If I do this, the long title Nr. 1 is also shown fully (including the third word too). But again we see that there remains a lot of empty space to the right:

Of course this is something that affects only longer document titles. But for such titles it would be useful if the number of characters which are displayed in a line could be increased.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Unfortunately, this is a limitation out of our control currently, so I don't expect this to change until MyInfo 7.