[fixed in 6.20b1852] Links from and to certain documents..

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Tester

[fixed in 6.20b1852] Links from and to certain documents..

Post by Tester »

Gradually it becomes a little bit annoying that constantly occur bugs with MyInfo. :?

The most recent one:
For certain documents suddenly the links do not longer work. That means:
- When I click on a link within the document nothing happens. (This refers to already existing links and also to new links which I try to create. And when I copy and paste the text of this document in a new one it happens there too.)
- When I click on a link in another document which should lead to this problematic document also nothing happens.

As far as I can see until now, it occurs "only" with those documents in which I have set an anchor (by chosing "Copy Link to This Paragraph" from the context menu).* Beside from this, the affected documents do not differ in any respect from the others (they contain only text, are not extraordinary long, etc.).

*) In the meantime it occurred also with a document that does not contain anchors.

The problem obviously occurs only within MyInfo itself. I have exported one of the documents as website. There the links continue to work without problem.

And by experimenting a little bit I found a strange "solution":
When I delete a part of the text in an affected document (not necessarily all the text, but most of it) the remaining links start to work again within MyInfo! (I assume now that these are the parts with the anchor but I did not test it again.)

The problem is definitely caused either by version 6.20 in general or by a specific build of this version:

I have on my computer still the installer of my former trial version, that is version 6.16, build 1683. So I reinstalled now this version, and with it all the links within (and to) these documents work fine.
Tester

Post by Tester »

Edit:

It seems that there is no connection with anchors but with tables (pasted from Word):

For example:
A document with text and
- a link 1
- a link 2
- then a table
- then a link 3

---> Link 3 (set after the table) does not work. Links 1 and 2 seem to continue to work after adding the table, but I am not completely sure about this too (maybe sometimes yes, sometimes no).
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Tester wrote:A document with text and
- a link 1
- a link 2
- then a table
- then a link 3
Are these links or anchors?
Tester

Post by Tester »

These are links.
And the problem arises when somewhere in the document above the link is a table (not necessarily directly above the link - just anywhere above it).

And one more detail I found out:
The links continue to work when I make a right click on them and choose the option "Open Hyperlink".
What does no longer work (in links under tables) is the possibility to open the link with one mouseclick.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Your last remarks are of a great help. I think that I have narrowed what could possible cause this problem. However, I still can't reproduce it, so I need a sample to work with.

Can you send me one of the offending documents (or the whole topic, if that is possible) at support@milenix.com? You can export a single document by File > Export > MyInfo Topic (Documents Range: Selected Documents) > OK.
Tester

Post by Tester »

I have sent you the topic.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thanks to the topic you've sent me, the problem is fixed now!
Tester

Post by Tester »

Yes, with build 1852 the links work fine again. Thank you for the quick fix. :D