[fixed in 6.20b1857] AV error when editing Notes field

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
triad

[fixed in 6.20b1857] AV error when editing Notes field

Post by triad »

Hi!

I have recently purchased MyInfo (v6.2 build 1833) and I have been quite pleased. I am, however, running into a specific error. Sometimes when I edit the "Notes" field to put in a new note, I get "Access violation at address 00000028. Read of address 00000028" and then the program crashes hard and I have to used Task Manager to close it. This is on Windows XP and Windows 7 (two different desktop computers). Of course all data since my last save is lost at this point, too (I've taken to setting it to save every 5 minutes because of this). Please advise!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Is this just a regular error message or it has a Send this Error via Internet option? If the later, can you send us a bug report when the error happens next time (just leave Send this Error via Internet option checked)?
triad

Post by triad »

Regular error message. There's no option to send it and I can't even close it without it popping back up. It only happens when I am editing "Comments", but I can't reliably reproduce it- sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Most of the time if I click the "X" to exit the "Comments", it does not happen. Most of the time if I hit the "Save" icon at the top of the page, it does not happen. But some of the time when I click anywhere else, it does happen, in addition to sometimes happening under the above circumstances. And it's happening on two different computers.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

So, it is happening when you click away from the Comment editor, not when you edit the actual document text?

Also, when it happens you are in the Tree, not in the Filter pane?
triad

Post by triad »

Yes, editing the text is fine, it's when you click away. And, yes, in tree view. In most cases these items have subdocuments and there is either text or a pdf in the content section.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Can you download and install the latest release? It should fix this problem.
triad

Post by triad »

Thanks! That did the trick!