Limited download after buying a license

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Tester

Limited download after buying a license

Post by Tester »

When I bought my license I got the links for downloading from "MyCommerce" / "Digital River". The download was limited for one month.

Together they sent me another link with the remark that under this link I could find informations how to assure the download link for a longer time period (than one month).

But when I follow this link, MyCommerce only asks me to log in (which of course supposes the registration on their site). Informations if (and how) I will get an extension for the download link is not given.

Obviously this company (MyCommerce) forces me to register on their site so that (perhaps) I can continue to use the download link (which would be necessary in order to get for example the most recent builds).

Is my impression true? And is there no other way to retain the download link?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Of course, this is not required. We use MyCommerce only for the payments of MyInfo and for the first delivery of the purchased product. We send alternative link (hosted by us) for all new versions, which you should use instead!

We will change this in the future, so you will always have only our links when purchasing MyInfo or an update.

Meanwhile, I have sent the alternative link on your email!
Tester

Post by Tester »

Thank you, Petko. :D