Templates

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Dwarf

Templates

Post by Dwarf »

Hi guys!
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Though I am using MyInfo for some months now, I am a slow learner. Currently my problem is, I seem not to be able to create my own document templates.
I use this software for RPG uses (tip from Johnny Four) and followed his tutorial concerning document templates. It tells me to create a RTF document and save it in a special folder under MyInfo6/Configuration/Templates. In fact, there are already several templates there but when I use the Insert - Document from Template function, the only option available is a Blank Document.
Can anyone help me please? Am I doing it wrong? I currently use version 6.30.

Regards,
Idilio
Dwarf

Post by Dwarf »

And one further question.
In one of his tutorials he also chooses a document and on the right side on top of the document he clicks on its name and it opens in a read-only seperate window. Just before doing that it is highlightes in blue (document name). This is a feature that doesn't work for me either. Clicking on the documents name doesn't open it in a seperate window.

Any ideas why not?

Regards,
Idilio
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Dwarf wrote:I use this software for RPG uses (tip from Johnny Four) and followed his tutorial concerning document templates. It tells me to create a RTF document and save it in a special folder under MyInfo6/Configuration/Templates. In fact, there are already several templates there but when I use the Insert - Document from Template function, the only option available is a Blank Document.
Could you check if MyInfo is using the correct folder? You can do that by going to Tools > Options > Save and see if Template Files are correct in the File Locations list (and change it to the appropriate folder, if not).

Dwarf wrote:In one of his tutorials he also chooses a document and on the right side on top of the document he clicks on its name and it opens in a read-only separate window. Just before doing that it is highlights in blue (document name). This is a feature that doesn't work for me either. Clicking on the documents name doesn't open it in a separate window.
That feature was changed in MyInfo 6.10. It now uses a button, instead of clicking on the document title:
Please note that this button is available in MyInfo Professional only
Dwarf

Post by Dwarf »

Thanks a lot Petko!

That really worked. I changed the default to the correct folder and now everything works fine.

Concerning my second question, it seems that I only have the regular version (for around $50) and it seems not to support that feature.

Again, thanks a ton for that help, you nailed it.

Cheers,
Idilio