Inserting Documents

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
rduval

Inserting Documents

Post by rduval »

I would like to copy files into Myinfo, not just create links.

For instance, I want to attach an MP3 to a link in a page BUT I want the mp3 to actually be saved INSIDE the MyInfo database so that if I delete the original MP3 file it will still be within MyInfo. Is that currently possible?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You can attach the file (Insert > Document From File) as a new document and then link to this documents from the other one's text.

Does that work for you?
rduval

Post by rduval »

No, I do that now.

What I would like to do is to have the Myinfo MIO INCLUDE the actual MP3 (or jpg or whatever) so that The MIO has everything inside it.

Linking to external files means that the link only works if the item it links to never moves.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

If you use Insert > Document From File it will embed the file in a new document and everything will be stored inside MyInfo. Currently there are size limitations for the files (4 MB for Standard, 11 MB for Professional, which will be increased to 5/20 MB in MyInfo 6.31).

Now you can link to that document using Insert > Hyperlink > Document In Topic from anywhere else.
rduval

Post by rduval »

Thanks Petko.

That does work but it's not a very simple solution as it creates another "page" with the embededd doc that you then must link to. It would be nice if I could just drag and drop an mp3 (or wav) etc inline and the name of the file would show up as a link to play the file.

I want to keep notes on sales along with the call recordings for each customer but all on one page.

Maybe you could add that in an upcoming release.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Attachments will be improved in MyInfo 7, I will keep you updated.