Ubuntu 12.04.4 64 bit bug

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

New development. Moved up to Ubuntu 14.04. Installed 64 bit version. Same probems and errors as with 12.04.

Installed Ubuntu 14.04 in the 32 bit version on the same computer. MyInfo works fine.

Both versions have the same version of WINE, 1.6.2. So the error is not in whether it's the newer or older version of WINE. Nor is it the 64 bit computer. And not the older or newer Ubuntu. Just whether it's the 64 or 32 bit version.
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

I had not seen this before at winehq. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-69ca5e8 ... 521c2a4843

7.2. How do I create a 32 bit wineprefix on a 64 bit system?

At present there are some significant bugs that prevent many 32 bit applications from working in a 64 bit wineprefix. To work around this, you can create a new 32 bit wineprefix using the WINEARCH environment variable. In a terminal, type:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix winecfg

(use the actual path to the wineprefix), then install your 32 bit application(s) to that wineprefix.

Do not manually create the directory before running that command; Wine must create it. WINEARCH only needs to be set when creating the wineprefix, and the architecture of an existing wineprefix cannot be changed.

I have not tried this yet as I don't completely understand 'winprefix' . I'll update if this makes progress.

***This did create a 32 bit wineprefix but didn't fix the "abnormal termination" problem.***