Search function does not find words with different scaling

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Tester

Search function does not find words with different scaling

Post by Tester »

I use Word 2002. Sometimes in a Word document two letters in a word are very close together and then I use a function which in English must be called "character scaling" or "character spacing". Anyway it is this feature:

The default value is 100%. Then I select for example two letters and change the scaling value for these letters (e.g. to 105%). When copying and pasting afterwards the word into a document of MyInfo, the search function of my MyInfo ("Find text" / Ctrl+F) will no longer recognize/find these letters (but only the rest of the word).

For example: I paste the word "international" (with a scaling between the letters "e" and "r" of 105% instead of 100%) into MyInfo. ---> Ctrl+F will not show me any results when searching for "international" (or for "inter"). Only the search for (let's say) "national" (as a part of the full word) will be successful (provided of course that the option "Whole words only" is not activated).

When choosing again (within Word) 100% for all characters, the search function works again as it should.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo does not treat letter with different formatting as one word, even when there is no space between them. This will be changed in the next update, so you will be able to find these words.
Tester

Post by Tester »

Thanks. :wink: