Error message - Failed to set data for "MyInfo.exe"

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
jonah1031

Error message - Failed to set data for "MyInfo.exe"

Post by jonah1031 »

Have been using latest version of MyInfo on Windows 7 without any problems. Have now Installed Windows 10. The installation was seamless. All apps that I've tried are working except MyInfo. When I try to open it I get the error message

Failed to set data for "MyInfo.exe"

I would be grateful for any help to get MyInfo running again.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Try re-installing MyInfo "as administrator." (Right click on the installation file and select "Run as administrator.")

If that doesn't work, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Programs -> Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. See if MyInfo is listed. If not, select it from the "Not Listed" box and try the recommended setting.

If that doesn't work, we have Petko :)
jonah1031

Post by jonah1031 »

Reinstalled as administrator and MyInfo loaded at the end of the installation. Everything worked until I exited and tried to open MyInfo again. Got the same error message. Tried troubleshooting compatibility. Same thing: loaded at the end of the installation but got the same error message after closing and trying to reopen.

Thanks for your suggestions. At least I know that there's a way to open and use MyInfo, even if inconvenient. Too busy with work to take any more time right now to fiddle with this. I'll check with Petko when I have more time.
pjmiller

Post by pjmiller »

Just a suggestion, I haven't had this problem and so I haven't tried this so I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try.

Whilst logged in on an administrator account go to the Program file for MyInfo. It's in a folder called Milenix in either C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files(x86)\ depending on the number of bits in your system, right click on the program file ( MyInfo.exe ) and select 'Properties' then go to the 'Compatibility' tab the click the checkbox labeled 'Run this program as an administrator'.

See if this solves the problem. I hope it does.