PocketPC-version

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Marvin

PocketPC-version

Post by Marvin »

I want to put the topic-file into a folder, synchronized to my mobile device. On the device I need a reader, able to show all the infos from the topic.
It is possible to ignore large files during synchronisation.

A long-time vision - to be able to edit the topic on a PocketPC and synchronise it back to Desktop.
dejank

Post by dejank »

I have just searched Myinfo forum for word "mobile" and found only two topics. These Marvin's long-term vision from 2005 and similar (June 2007) in http://www.milenix.com/forums/viewtopic ... ght=mobile

Is it possible that these are the only two requests for PocketPC version?

Anyhow. Until recently I was using PocketThinker and Myinfo at the same time because Myinfo does not run on PocketPC. Now PT is out of business and I was wondering if there is any kind of "Myinfo > PocketPC implementation plan" in your roadmap?

With PT I use simple solution: SD card which I switch between Desktop PC nad PocketPC when I am on the road (for my opinion any syncing is just not reliable enough and time consuming - when I run from the office I just switch the SD card and I know I have everything with me).

You are close to this concept with your portable USB version.

When on PocketPC user does not need all features from the Desktop version. At least reader would be fine. But rahter something more sophisticated :wink:
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Currently we have no plans for a mobile version of MyInfo, but we may reconsider this in future.

Please note that MyInfo has a really broad set of features, so if we do a Pocket PC edition, it will have very limited features in the first releases.
dejank

Post by dejank »

I think it's OK, if it is basic - feature limited.

From systematic point of view (for me) it would just be the right thing to expand Myinfo portability also to PocketPC.