Hyperlink Editor

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

Hyperlink Editor

Post by kf »

I've been going hyperlink crazy the last few weeks. I know I've mentioned this briefly before, but I didnt see it in the v4 roadmap: a dialog or place where all links in a document are shown. Once in this dialog it should be possible to do mass edit operations. The uses I see for this feature are:

- if you change folder structure (or even just a single file or folder file name) you would be able to quickly update all links referencing the changed location
- you would be able to update link titles within documents so that if you change a document title you could quickly update all links to that document (same thing would be true of a file too) to reflect the new name (it may be that since this occurs frequently some semi-automated function could be useful)
- you would be able to see every place within a topic where a specific link is referenced

This could be just a spreadsheet type view (report style listview), but (and i think this is what I mentioned earlier) it could be a graphic spider-web type view. Either way, mass editing/viewing of hyperlinks is something I'm finding myself thinking about on a daily basis as I insert links!

Thanks for considering,

Kevin