increasing screen estate

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Tomas

increasing screen estate

Post by Tomas »

If the topic is setup to view horizontal panes, it usually means there is either small space for the tree, or for document pane. It would be nice to have a shortcut that will maximize the document pane and hide tree pane, and on second press, will return document pane to it's original state.

With regular view (horizontal panes not ticked) having many columns often means little space for the document pane. It would be nice, though probably not easy to implement, if one could optionally have the additional columns to appear in document pane, either at the top or at the bottom, as a list view. So that tree would only be used for document titles.
kf

Post by kf »

Ctrl-Shift-E for minimizing treepane
Ctrl-Shift-R for bringing the treepane back

Your second request is an interesting idea. I kind of like it, though I dont know how complex it would be to implement. I have seen some other information programs have another pane for detailed data... definitely something to think about.

Also, I requested making the treepane behave more like a normal report style listview. This way you could easily change column sizes and even treepane/doc pane sizes without having to reset all your column sizes. Petko said he was looking into this, but this may help your problems as well.

Kevin
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Thanks for the shortcut tips, that helped.
Though they don't work in horizontal panes view, probably a bug?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Tomas wrote:Though they don't work in horizontal panes view, probably a bug?
Yes, I can confirm that and it will be fixed in the next service release.