suggestions: text size, workspaces saving, icons

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Tomas

suggestions: text size, workspaces saving, icons

Post by Tomas »

Text size column, maybe the name is confusing me and it is something else than I though it is, but when you write 1 character into a completely new document, the document size jumps up from 0 to 10886. I was about to use it as an indicator of how much I have written (on a manual writing project), but this makes it useless.

I don't know how many would use this, and I can do without it as well, but just crossed my mind: could be useful to have a way to save workspaces, more of them. Working on a project, and given the sluggishness with large files, it makes sense to break it into as much topics as possible. So if you have 5 topics that are same project, and three such projects each 5 topics, for the purpose of better concentration on the work, it would be best if I could only see the 5 related topics at one time, and switch to the second or third project only when needed. Better than through menu, it could be done through a customizable toolbar, one icon per project (aka saved workspace).

I know in MI4, there will be more icons, but still I would prefer own icons, customizable functionality.
If that is not possible given the implementation, what about exposing a hack that would allow it. Say there will be icon library with 100 positions, and one could use a third party icon editor to replace some of the icons.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Tomas wrote:Text size column, maybe the name is confusing me and it is something else than I though it is, but when you write 1 character into a completely new document, the document size jumps up from 0 to 10886. I was about to use it as an indicator of how much I have written (on a manual writing project), but this makes it useless.
This shows the physical size the text takes up, it does not show the number of letters in the document, so you are right that in your observation.
Tomas wrote:I don't know how many would use this, and I can do without it as well, but just crossed my mind: could be useful to have a way to save workspaces, more of them. Working on a project, and given the sluggishness with large files, it makes sense to break it into as much topics as possible. So if you have 5 topics that are same project, and three such projects each 5 topics, for the purpose of better concentration on the work, it would be best if I could only see the 5 related topics at one time, and switch to the second or third project only when needed. Better than through menu, it could be done through a customizable toolbar, one icon per project (aka saved workspace).
We are considering this for MyInfo 4.
Tomas wrote:I know in MI4, there will be more icons, but still I would prefer own icons, customizable functionality.
If that is not possible given the implementation, what about exposing a hack that would allow it. Say there will be icon library with 100 positions, and one could use a third party icon editor to replace some of the icons.
MyInfo 4 will support custom state images. We will post information about this new feature in our blog.