Hyperlink editor

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
joshi

Hyperlink editor

Post by joshi »

Why are there more options for hyperlinks (Ctrl-K) in the editor pane than in the document tree? Specifically, in the editor pane, I can search for files or folders to link to, insert an email address, or link to a document in the topic. These options are not available when I use "insert hyperlinks" (Ctrl-K) in the document tree.

If there is no technical reason for this difference, it would be nice to have the expanded set of options in the document tree.
kf

Post by kf »

I dont know why this is the case either. I've copied links to other documents into a document's title, but then realized this is what clones are for! But doing the same thing to a file does not open the file when the link is clicked.

I thought previous versions of MyInfo enabled links in the tree... can this be put back in? Or, if I'm wrong, can it be added (seconding joshi)?

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The purpose of links the document titles in version 3 is to indicate which web resource will open in the Web Resource tab of the document. As only web pages could be open there in the general case, this is why only web page addresses are allowed in the Hyperlink editor for the document title.
kf

Post by kf »

I see. Could files be added? There have been cases where I would like to put filenames into the tree and it would be nice to have them clickable. I understand there are ways around this... but it would give another option.

I agree that documents links shouldnt be in the treepane... clones handle that case!

Kevin
joshi

Post by joshi »

Clones is useful for linking within the same topic. In addition to web pages, I often link to files and folders on my C: drive, and also to specific branches in other MyInfo topics.