Reminders and alerts

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Dr.J

Reminders and alerts

Post by Dr.J »

I'm just joining the group but would like to add my support for adding reminder/alert functionality and/or connectivity with Outlook in version 4. It is a glaring absence that compromizes this otherwise excellent product.

I would be happy to participate in Beta testing.
mirkodwalter

Post by mirkodwalter »

I wouldn't like myinfo to be a real timeplaning software.

But maybe it would be possible to include a "start-page" showing all documents with due-dates <= today? Or some sort of programming interface (COM?) to access the myInfo-database to write a little utility which would cover these functionality? The "only" thing which has to be done is to expose the object-model of myInfo to the COM-World (like Outlook, Word, Excel and a few more applications already do) :)

I use myInfo for different kinds of information. One of these is the planning of our roleplaying-campaign. During "Brainstorming" I include tasks for doing maps, roling characters and so on. These tasks are important to handle before the next campaign-session. So I use the filter "show active tasks" to handle this. But some sort of reminder would be very usefull.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It will be pretty easy to see all tasks in a topic that are due today or earlier. You just need a filter to do that. In fact, you give us a very nice idea, so we will include a sort of "Today's tasks" filter in the final version, which will show all tasks due today or the last 7 days, so you don't need to make it manually!