Lingering issues from beta testing

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
joshi

Lingering issues from beta testing

Post by joshi »

Petko,

During beta testing, there were a couple of minor issues that I flagged that haven't been completely resolved in the final release. I wanted to see if they were still on the "to fix" list.

1. Multiline document titles (MDT). This is a great feature. I'm really happy you added it. However, I'm still finding that it doesn't always kick in automatically once the MDT option is checked. I sometimes have to move the document pane window to get it to work. Also, sometimes the last 1-3 lines of long titles don't always appear. Again, adjusting the size of the document pane window sometimes fixes this problem.

2. Autopaste. You may recall that I mentioned during beta testing that when I used Autopaste with a pdf document, often four copies of the same information would paste into MI. Now that I have release version, I notice that this problem almost never happens with the installed MI4, but still almost always happens with MI4 Portable. I haven't noticed this problem with any other document type except pdf.

Thanks.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

joshi wrote:1. Multiline document titles (MDT). This is a great feature. I'm really happy you added it. However, I'm still finding that it doesn't always kick in automatically once the MDT option is checked. I sometimes have to move the document pane window to get it to work. Also, sometimes the last 1-3 lines of long titles don't always appear. Again, adjusting the size of the document pane window sometimes fixes this problem.
We will try to improve than in the next versions.
joshi wrote:2. Autopaste. You may recall that I mentioned during beta testing that when I used Autopaste with a pdf document, often four copies of the same information would paste into MI. Now that I have release version, I notice that this problem almost never happens with the installed MI4, but still almost always happens with MI4 Portable. I haven't noticed this problem with any other document type except pdf.
Does the problem in the portable version happen on the same machine as with the desktop edition, or only when you use the portable version on other computers? I want to know this, in order to get a clue if the problem is MyInfo edition specific or computer specific.
joshi

Post by joshi »

The problem with the portable version happens on the same machine as the desktop version, as well as on other computers. The computer is running Acrobat 8.1.1, and Windows XP.