Suggest adding Format Painter function and Hoist function

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
oldthinktanker

Suggest adding Format Painter function and Hoist function

Post by oldthinktanker »

If this hasn't already come up, there are two features that would be very helpful:
1) The Format painter function -- as in Microsoft
2) The old Think Tank and Grandview outlining programs had a functionh called "hoist." One could hoist one particular branch of an outline and only that branch would be visible on the screen. This was good for presentations to maintaing focus on the intended topic in an outline, and was also good in working solo in order to concentrate on one branch and not be distracted by the rest of the outline.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Format Painter sounds interesting and probably it will be added to the subsequent releases of MyInfo 3.

For the Hoist feature, I am afraid that it will not be added soon.
BobMack

Post by BobMack »

I'm entering this discussion late, but perhaps this suggestion might help:

It seems to me that one can partially achieve the effect as the proposed "hoist" function by moving the divider separating the tree editor and text editor panes.

Simply drag the divider bar to the left side of the screen, and you can work on the document text without the distraction of the tree list.
bkonia

Post by bkonia »

BobMack wrote:It seems to me that one can partially achieve the effect as the proposed "hoist" function by moving the divider separating the tree editor and text editor panes.

Simply drag the divider bar to the left side of the screen, and you can work on the document text without the distraction of the tree list.
The purpose of the hoist (zoom) function is to show a branch and all its sub-branches. Moving the divider would show a particular branch, but you would not see any of the sub-branches.
Brad S Konia