New user questions?

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
DDalian

New user questions?

Post by DDalian »

After practicing the art of GTD for several years using manual tools I decided to switch to a computer based system. I then proceeded to waste far too much time exploring way too many ways to not really get anything done. What I was looking for was a simple system to organize projects / tasks and keep all types of reference material in a single program that ran on a USB drive. MYINFO seems to be closer to my goal than any other thing I tried. That being said, I think that there are a couple of features that would make MYINFO even better suited to the GTD methodology. These items may already exist and I am unaware of them, or are already under consideration for future releases.

1. It would be nice to be able to hide the completed tasks in the outline view while still keeping them associated with their original project / parent. This would allow you to have a complete record of all of the tasks and info associated with the project without having to look at the completed items unless you wanted to. I realize that this view can be achieved with a filter, but you do not have the same editing options available as the outline view offers.
2. The ability to import a txt file into a topic outline and have each line entered as a new task or document. This would allow you to use a mind mapping program to brainstorm your plan then import all of the tasks for processing.
3. Change an existing document to another type of document.

It is not my intention to make the program more difficult to use or have endless bells and whistles. Simple is much better and more likely to be used.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

DDalian wrote:2. The ability to import a txt file into a topic outline and have each line entered as a new task or document. This would allow you to use a mind mapping program to brainstorm your plan then import all of the tasks for processing.
This will be possible with the next service release, where a CSV import plugin will be available. It is very easy to configure it to import plain text file, line by line.

DDalian wrote:3. Change an existing document to another type of document.
Do you mean changing between documents and tasks, or between text document, file document and web document?
DDalian

Post by DDalian »

Thank you for responding, the import feature will be a very useful addition.
I was mainly interested in changing documents to a tasks.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

DDalian wrote:I was mainly interested in changing documents to a tasks.
You can easily change between document and task, just by removing or adding date in Started On attribute.