Filter based on State Index # (0-A) instead of the Icon

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Clay Nichols

Filter based on State Index # (0-A) instead of the Icon

Post by Clay Nichols »

It seems that the State Index is dependent on the particular Icon chosen, not the name or the #.

So, if I assign Icon X to #3 and call it "Project" and later filter on State Index but then decide my icon sucks and change the Icon, all my filters will have to be changed.

Suggestion: if we could filter on the *name* associated with the Flag or (better) the # I think it would be more flexible and easier to read/understand the query.

I realize this is probably a non-trivial feature request. If so, then I can live without it.
Clay D. Nichols
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Actually the State Index shows the state icon number. These numbers may be not sequential for the built-in state icons, but they have predictable order for the customized state icons (the first custom state icon is 512, the second is 513 and so on). So, if you just change the icon with another icon for the same purpose, you do not have to edit the filters.

The problem is that you can't do that in the current version (you can't change the state icon easily). We will add such feature in the next service release.
Clay Nichols

Post by Clay Nichols »

It seems that I can add a custom User Icon and then it'll be # 512 or whatever.

I did this:

* Added two custom user icons (state #512, 513, 514) and assigned them.
* Deleted #512
* Added a new Icon (it became #512) and viola... all my Items that had the old icon #512 now had the new one.

It *seems* that the Delete/Add User Icon feature may be "first out, first in". (I repeated the above with icon #513 as well).

So, it seems "doable" (if hard) to change custom icons now. But since that would happen once in a blue moon (and still only take 5 minutes) that's not a biggie.

I'll just use Custom Icons fornow.

Thanks again!
Clay D. Nichols