Always Quick/AutoPaste to *same* Topic

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant

How useful would this feature be for you?

0 - Not Useful (I don't need it)
No votes
1 - Useful
No votes
2 - I'd really love this.
No votes
3 - I'd love it it but *only* if I could choose when pasting "Past to default Topic" or "Paste to current topic"
No votes

Total votes: 0
Clay Nichols

Always Quick/AutoPaste to *same* Topic

Post by Clay Nichols »

IN Quick & Auto Paste, add another option :
Always Paste into topic <listbox of topic>

WHY I ASK (aka, "Use Case")

This lets you "mindlessly" collect stuff into MyInfo and then *later* go back and organize it. Leads to fewer distractions as you're collecting information.

Currently, when you copy something into MyInfo (via web browser "copy to" or the clipboard copy feature in Myinfo) it does to the current item.

However, I usually just find that I want to send something to MyInfo to save or process later. it would be GREAT if there were an option for "save all copied info to <topic> and <item> and if the Item is empty then it just creates a new item in the <topic>

I have an Inbox Topic for stuff to be processed (followng the Getting Things Done (GTD) approach). So I might see a cool product on a web page and just want to copy it to MyInfo's Inbox for processing later (minimizing wild good chase distractions).

Some users (*not* me) might also like the fancier (and harder to implement) option of also changing the paste commands (in FF, IE, and autopaste) to have option of :

-Send to Myinfo (current item)
-Send to Myinfo (default topic as a new item).
Clay D. Nichols