Allow MyInfo demo to be fully functional (let it save data)

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
photo1220

Allow MyInfo demo to be fully functional (let it save data)

Post by photo1220 »

As I recall, the MyInfo demo, while fully functional, does not allow you to save your data. Each time you start it, you start from scratch (no disrespect to the recipes). This put me off. Twice I gave it a go but always went back to testing a competing product. That program did not have any limitations, other than 30 days of trial. On the third look (at the manual) I tossed the dice and decicded to buy MI - but felt I was taking a chance.
I like to get my hands dirty first and read the manual second. I don't care how good a manual is, there is always a gap between what it says and what the application does (maybe I don't read very well). After I can't do something, then I read and learn.
I like MyInfo very much and want it to have the largest customer base possible. If I almost went with a competitor, how many others might not have taken that third look? I suggest removing this limitation from the downloadable demo and limit the application to a month before locking it up.
This poll is problematic: if you are reading this, then you have already made a good choice. This change seems like it can't affect you. But the company must make money for continued development - you know, those features that you want. You may think that it is of no value to you, but it is.

Just a thought.
Philip
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Philip, I want to clarify that the first time you install MyInfo trial, there is no limitations to the Save function of the application. Save is limited once the trial period is over (after 30 days). I think that MyInfo trial is more honest than the trial versions of many of our competitors, because once the trial period is over, you still can view and export your information. Most competing products just won't let you in, when the trial is over.

By default, MyInfo should remember the topics you've used last, but maybe your configuration differs? You can check that in Tools > Options > General > Startup Topics (should be Open Last Used Topics At Startup).