public API for version 5

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Crystal401

public API for version 5

Post by Crystal401 »

Petko,

I realize that public api to import export from MyInfo were
available for version 3, 4.
Are there any plans to create a similar export API for version 5?

Thank you,
Alex
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Alex, the API is the same for version 5, because we haven't made any significant changes to the file format of the files (aside the topic color property, but it does not affect the API).

The documentation and the programming files are still available here:
http://www.milenix.com/myinfo-plugins.php
kf

Post by kf »

Two questions concerning the API:

1. Is the API only for import/export? Or, like VBA for Office, are there ways to automate the Myinfo interface?

2. I'm assuming this would be possible using the API but dont have the time to fully research it. Is there a way to export a Myinfo Topic to a Word Document such that the outline in Myinfo would use the outline styles in Word and any text styles used in Myinfo would also be reflected in the word document.

What I would like to do is write a "paper" in Myinfo, using it for structure and brainstorming, then export the topic to a Word document for sharing. It would be really neat to be able to use the attributes of each document for section comments/brainstorming, section introduction/quotes, etc and then be able to have all this rendered in the Word document.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

1. Is the API only for import/export? - yes, currently the API supports import and export of data to and from MyInfo.
2. It is possible to create such export plugin using MyInfo API. In addition, we will improve MyInfo RTF export in the next versions, so it will preserve outline structure of the topic when it is open in Ms Word.
kf

Post by kf »

1. Cool.

2. That sounds good. What is going to happen with attributes on export to Word?