Multiple windows open

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Daly de Gagne

Multiple windows open

Post by Daly de Gagne »

Petko, one of the most useful features for writers, researchers or others working with complex material is ability to have more than one window open so as to scan back and forth.

I think at one point you said that might be added to MyInfo. I hope that that could be done in the near future.

And, as always, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you would be adding the hoist feature soon.

Thanks a lot.

Daly
wsp

Post by wsp »

+1 (as they say)

The ability to open individual documents as separate windows is the one new feature in MyInfo that would be most useful to me.
Bill
wsp

Post by wsp »

Daly, let me quote something you yourself said recently on the Outliner Software forum:
It was through Ariadne I first realized how important it is for researchers and writers to have multiple windows open to compare and contrast and formulate new ideas. Unfortunately, the developers of programs which as supposed to help us - such as Ultra Recall, MyInfo, etc. - have been slow to get this point.
Petko, is there any hope that we will get multiple windows before version 6? The absence of this feature is the one thing that makes me look back nostalgically toward OneNote and Evernote. I now have a huge investment of thousands of notes in MyInfo, and I have no intention of abandoning it; but this inability to compare the contents of one document with another is a daily source of deep frustration.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Yes, we are considering including of multiple document windows (read-only at this time) to MyInfo before version 6.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, this is good news -- mostly. The read-only proviso is a bit unsettling.

Does this mean all open documents will be read-only? or just the second, third, fourth, etc.? Not being able to edit the other documents will certainly reduce the usefulness of this feature, but at this point I suppose I will be grateful for any progress on this front.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Probably, in the beginning, you will be able to edit the document inside MyInfo, but not in the other document windows that will open separately.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Well, I find some small ray of hope in the phrase "in the beginning." I trust that your ultimate goal is to make all windows editable.
Bill
vogelap

Post by vogelap »

+1, but not for read-only
-drew
www.drewvogel.com