Saving filters for a specific topic only

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
mfelix

Saving filters for a specific topic only

Post by mfelix »

I'm under the impression that filters are stored globally and not within the topic they were created. Is this correct ?

If so, I would like to have this behaviour changed, because the filter list would get cluttered. Imagine a collection of say 30 Topics with 3 to 4 filters each. How would you know which filter makes sense for which topic. This is especially crucial when adding user attributes and filtering with them.

The filters should be save directly into the topic file, so that they are available when the topic is copied to another pc
Fred

Post by Fred »

To Michael:

Sorry, you're late with this, I filled PAGES with discussing this some weeks ago, here. ;-)

To Petko:

Item by Item, Michael's taking up my observations when I've been brand-new here, so you might think I employed him in any way to back my stands... and than, a look into the AS forum will suffice to see that this is highly improbable.

So let's face it: As soon as we've got people with real (if partial) insight into these matters, we stumble, in no time, at the same obstacles / issues. And that's what I've said 4 months ago: Professional users have a certain way to try professional software... and then they stumble while trying, when those programs do not react in the professional way they expect them to do... and they go to something other that cost them thousands of dollars / euros and they don't understand, thus cannot try... and after having paid for it (and having got a "service" contract (here, a big laugh is adequate) for some years), they realize they are NOT better off than with something cheaper and not-so-bad but of which they detected all the flaws in trial period...

Thus, there is a real market for intermediate software: Not too primitive, not too elaborate, but really nice to the eye... AND to the trial use... AND to the real use afterwards. For such a thing, there's money available, out there. ;-)