Search Field

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Fred

Search Field

Post by Fred »

- Search field is not unbound, so it cannot be displayed anywhere on the screen, e.g. in the right top corner. Thus, as in 5.0, it always takes one whole cm of the screen, from left to right. I kindly asked to make this field unbound, and I know it would be very easy to do so - by option perhaps. Would this feasible or not?

- Search options can now be displayed as an additional menu. Since Search field takes a whole ribbon on the screen, you can of course display it to the right of the search field, but even then, it is very ugly - in fact, nobody displays TEXT menus / text toolbars like this one all the time, and for a reason: Those texts take then a predominance on the screen they should not take. Why not having done what I said instead, making the search options available by shortkey assignments or Alt-xyz or by Alt-s (for Search), then xyz (without Alt= as with normal menus). The only "advantage" now is that your mouse click by macro don't have to be as precise as before, but it's mouse clicks as it were. Is is feasible to do something better, by option?

- As said long before, if you really want to impose the search field taking a whole ribbon of the screen, why not, at the very least, make it possible to elongate it? It's extremely laughable to have a search field as short like this but which takes a whole "line" altogether.

- Another thing where people can see that graphics are not of any consideration here, is the fact that even when the search options are displayed by additional menu, the right part of the search field, i.e. the arrow to the right and the arrow down, are displayed notwithstanding, where in fact they should automatically hidden then. It is this complete unawareness of design basics that makes me really angry... in combination with the fact that when I criticise those points, only once in 4 or 5 or 10 or 20 am make myself being heard... but then, it's NOT my personal opionions here, it's just wrong and right, and if I cannot make myself heard, I do not see any reason to give any more advice.