We need a new roadmap

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
wsp

We need a new roadmap

Post by wsp »

Petko, the last roadmap you posted was revised in July 2010. It's of course very much out of date by now. It would be helpful and encouraging to us users if were to give us a new one, with some broad indications of where you hope to take MyInfo in the future.
Bill
Crystal401

Post by Crystal401 »

I would also agree.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I think that it is a time for a more detailed survey among all MyInfo users about what they want to see in the next versions of MyInfo. However, I can't give an exact date for it yet.
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

Petko, do you mean the date for the survey or for the next release ?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

mfelix wrote:Petko, do you mean the date for the survey or for the next release ?
I mean it for the survey. The service release will be ready soon.
Crystal401

Post by Crystal401 »

Glad that things are moving forward.
Or you could create a new uservoice.com page for MyInfo 6 (or 7).

Or use the suggestions from the current uservoice.com page to create a custom made survey
for existing customers only.

Regards,
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

I'd also like to see a new roadmap.
MyInfo is impressive as it stands, but of course, it could become even more powerful.
I recommend examining some of the features of applications like AtlasTI which is specifically designed for qualitative data researchers. It has some amazing data-coding and search features. But its not a note-app at all.

A new roadmap with the ability to vote for features is a good idea.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Coolrat, we probably all approach MyInfo from slightly different angles. In my case, the other note-taking program I use (for less structured material) is Evernote. EN's organizational capabilities certainly do not match MyInfo's, but it has a couple of features that I miss very much in MI. And I suspect that MI will never have those features, because they require heavy-duty servers off in the cloud.

First, I would love to be able to use MyInfo on my iPhone and my iPad. Petko has hinted that there might be some Web solution in the future, but it's not clear how soon that would materialize or exactly what form it would take.

Second, the other feature of Evernote that I really miss in MyInfo is the ability to recognize text in images. I frequently clip articles from newspaper archives, such as the Times Digital Archive, and in Evernote it's wonderful to be able to do that without having to laboriously transcribe them. Evernote's OCR of such images is not infallible, but it's good enough for the purpose. (OneNote, incidentally, can do a similar trick.) I assume MyInfo will never offer such a feature, but I sometimes wonder whether there might be a third-party solution eventually.

Meanwhile, I happily use MyInfo, which is one of the best programs I've ever found.
Bill