Search should use squiggly line for found text

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Coolrat

Search should use squiggly line for found text

Post by Coolrat »

Hi
I like the powerful search feature in MyInfo.

However I found two things that could be improved.

1. When search finds a term, it highlights it in yellow highlighting. The problem is that I use yellow highlighting extensively in all my text notes, and thus, the yellow highlight used to indicate 'found' terms becomes invisible (yellow on yellow).

Is there a way to use a red squiggly line or other such indicator to show the location of found terms?

2. When search finds a term, the results do not display the number of occurrences the term was found. The only way to see each occurrence of the term is to scroll down the page in which the term was found.

This could be improved. In another application I use, each time the term appears in the text is reported in the search results. The user can inspect each occurrence of the term by clicking on the search results. This is a more powerful and more convenient method.

I have sent a screen shot explaining this more clearly.

MyInfo's search speed is amazingly fast and I like the way it shows clearly which TOPIC the search term appears in, and if you click on the search item results, MyInfo takes you to exactly to that document. Very nice

I hope that this will be helpful in improving the already-great search feature in MyInfo.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Coolrat, I agree. I use the lighter shade of yellow for highlighting, but I still am occasionally confused by the difference between that and the search highlighting.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

There will be an option to select the color of the search highlight in the next update.

We are considering improving the search information (how relevant is the result to the search query) in the future too.
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

Improved search capabilities for MyInfo will of course be a great improvement.
Categorizing and searching for data are the only reason I use MyInfo, or even a computer for that matter. Anything that can help improve MyInfo's search capabilities will be great!