[partically added] Lock documents and/or attributes.

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
pjmiller

[partically added] Lock documents and/or attributes.

Post by pjmiller »

It would be nice if there were an option to lock a document so that it cannot be edited or deleted without first unlocking it.

As a similar idea to this it would be nice to be able to lock an attribute for all documents in a topic so that it may not be accidentally changed. I have a topic full of sequentially numbered documents, I have to be careful if clicking in the tree area to select one, if I happen to click on the number then scrolling with the mouse wheel to re-position the tree will alter the serial number of the document instead. It would be nice to be able to lock the attribute so that it cannot be accidentally changed.

In order to deliberately change that attribute it would have to be unlocked first.
mzpe

Post by mzpe »

Although this is an old thread, I would like to revive it as I would also like to see this feature.

I frequently have documents which I consider "finished" and want them to remain in an explicitly locked, unmodifiable, state. Perhaps this could be indicated with a small lock icon in the status bar or something similar which could be clicked on and off.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Locking documents is very likely to be available in MyInfo 7.

As for locking attributes: this may have its merit, I will think about it too.
mzpe

Post by mzpe »

Thanks Petko, appreciate your consideration on this feature. I'm excited to have a look at version 7 when it arrives.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Note locking was added in MyInfo 7.
comvox

Post by comvox »

+1!