portable version

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Blackbird

portable version

Post by Blackbird »

I frequently have to work on different computers. Unfortunately, MyInfo is not installed on all of these computers, and consequently I often cannot use MyInfo when I should like to use it. So I would be happy if there were a 'portable' version of MyInfo. I mean, a version that can be installed on a removable device such as a USB memory pen. This would enable me to use MyInfo on, for example, the computers in a library or classroom. Simply plug in the memory pen, and run MyInfo.
I think this would be great for anyone who has to work on different computers (or who cannot install MyInfo on the computer he has to work with, due to the limitations of his user account).
Rod

Post by Rod »

This is a great idea. POCO mail does this using a portable email client. I use it all the time when travelling.

All my notes are in MyInfo and I work on computers everyday correcting problems. A portable version would be the bees knees. :lol:
ErisRaven

Post by ErisRaven »

I have to agree on this one for a very sad reason. I used to use MyInfo for everything, and I prefer it, but the need for a portable tool in which to carry my information has forced me to move to TreePad.

Make it portable, and I assure you I'll be running back!

Erisraven