Recurring tasks

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Leslie Liszak

Recurring tasks

Post by Leslie Liszak »

Is there a way to have tasks re-occur? I'm enjoying the trial of my info, but the ability to easily add repeating task is crucial to me.

Thanks!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

No, there is no way to do this currently and it is not planned for the near releases.
hscott

Post by hscott »

First, thanks for the excellent program. I evaluated +15 competing programs and yours is definitely the best IMO.

I'm not a programmer, but would be great to have a "recurring" date field added to the TASK pane if implementation didn't have any negative impacts to the existing MY INFO features / functionality. MY INFO could then easily replace most existing REMINDER / TO DO type programs in addition to the current MY INFO functionality.

I definitely wouldn't want MY INFO to become a PIM, but it would be nice to have this feature if it could be easily added.

Thanks again.

Scott
metta

Post by metta »

It has been several years since this request was originally posted and I'm curious: has any more thought been given to the possibility of providing recurring event functionality?

This is something I use quite heavily in my current information manager, and it would be great to have this functionality in MI.

With appreciation and interest,
Metta
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

In my opinion you can have that functionality for free today. It's not that comfortable, but it works for me: I just set the reminder for the next occurence. Once I'm done with the reminder I either postpone it from the reminder dialog or I enter the next occurence date. That's basically all I need.
metta

Post by metta »

Thanks, mfelix. I'm actually using this approach now, as a work-around, and it certainly is do-able.

However, the drawback is this strategy depends entirely upon the reliability of my memory -- and I would much rather trust MI with this task! ;-)

As my 9th grade biology teacher once said, "A dull pencil is sharper than the sharpest mind".

Metta

P.S.
BTW, I love your list of "interests" on your profile! :-D
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

Thanks Metta, I'm doing my best to keep up with my interests ;-)