Spell check optional at the document level

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
wwy

Spell check optional at the document level

Post by wwy »

I work in software development and use MyInfo as my personal knowledge base which means I frequently use "words" that are not in the dictionary such as XML tags, program functions, etc. These are too numerous and pointless to add to a dictionary. The result is a page that is FULL of red squiggles that make reading extremely difficult. It is especially bad when I paste an entire XML message or program subroutine into a document.

For people in our situation, a good feature would be to be able to turn off spell check for given documents, not for the entire program. That way when I have a page full of code, it will be much easier to read. And other pages still benefit from having spell check available.

Implicit in this is that real-time spell check is very useful and it would be detrimental to turn it off.
pjmiller

Post by pjmiller »

I too have this problem. Documents containing code are a mass of red squiggles. It would be good to be able to turn off the spell checking for individual documents but it would be even better if one could set the language to be one of the computer programming languages and get syntax highlighting for that language.

i.e. if the language were set to English you get normal spell checking, if the language were set to Java you get the java commands and variables coloured as you expect, if the language were set to Python then you get Python syntax highlighting, etc... .
syed20

Post by syed20 »

I too have this problem. Documents containing code are a mass of red squiggles. It would be good to be able to turn off the spell checking for individual documents but it would be even better if one could set the language to be one of the computer programming languages and get syntax highlighting for that language.
We offer guaranteed success for Gardner-Webb University exam with help of latest Pass4sure OG0-091 certification and Youtube practice questions of the exams.