Broken links

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
JGMyMlx

Broken links

Post by JGMyMlx »

If I copy and past a part of a document with internal bookmarks (where links from various other documents of the topic point to them), all these links stop working. I noticed that all internal links have the myinfo://this*xxx where the xxx changes depending on the ID number of the document. However if the bookmarks are copied somewhere else, the ID of the document where they are moved to is different. This creates a huge problem in the dynamics of a topic where the information must be flexible and move around. It is very difficult to have some information that I am obliged to keep it always in the same topic otherwise all links that point to it will get lost. There should be an auto detection that whenever I move a bookmark then all the links that are pointing to it should be updated too. Unfortunately the search does not work on links so I cannot even do a search for the myinfo://this*xxx to replace it with the updated number and fix the links manually. In fact there is no way to identify which links are pointing to the bookmark I want to move since they may be anywhere in the topic. I am just left with broken links everywhere.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This is not a trivial problem to solve, but I think how this could be improved in MyInfo 7.