Problem with importing text from LibreOffice 3.4.5

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Coolrat

Problem with importing text from LibreOffice 3.4.5

Post by Coolrat »

Hi

I'm having trouble importing text from LibreOffice 3.4.5. When I copy and paste from LibreOffice 3.4.5 into MyInfo, all of the spaces between words are removed.

This problem does not occur when pasting from MS Word 2010.

Is there something wrong with my system? Or is there a problem with MyInfo? Or with LibreOffice?
Is anyone else having these problems?

Also, I hope that MyInfo will offer native import of ODF format- after all, it is an open-source format. Its enjoying increasing popularity and more organizations and even government departments realize the advantages of using an open format and an open-source application.
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

Is no one else having this problem?
Doesn't anyone use LibreOffice? I personally can't stand using MS Word most of the time. Especially after Office 2007 with its 'ribbon menu' system- completely unintuitive and an amazing exercise in frustration.

This cut-and-paste problem is still happening. I hope that MyInfo might include an import (drag-and-drop) function for .odf OpenDocument files. After all, it is a world-wide open-source format. I would imagine that there's plenty of documentation and it should be easy to implement.
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

I do not run Libre Office (or Open Office), but installed it anyway, just to look at your problem. The version I installed is 3.5.

I could not reproduce your problem. Whether that outcome concerns the difference between v3.5 and v3.4.5 of Libre Office or your setup, I cannot tell.

I am running MyInfo v6.06 on 64 bit Windows 7 Professional.

I hope you can get something positive from my comments.

Bevan
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

Thank you for going to so much trouble to check this problem for me!
You encourged me to go back, and test to see if the problem still exists or not.
(Recently I have been forced to use MS WORD to ensure better document sharing with others, and so have not been using LibreOffice as much as I would like)

I just tried the latest version of LibreOffice 3.5 and everything seems to be working well.

I cannot reproduce the old problem I had previously.
I'm also running MyInfo v6.06 on 64 bit Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks again!